2014's Top Viewed Records from the NSHS Online Archives
As we look back on 2014, one of our favorite things to do here at the NSHS is to see which items from our archives spoke the loudest to the people of Nebraska and beyond. Our year-end statistics from PastPerfect (our online archive) show that thousands viewed our easily accessible database in 2014 and give us the most popular records of the past year.
So without further ado, here are the Top Ten most viewed records of 2014:
1. RG2845.PH000119-000020, 7th Cavalry returning to Pine Ridge Agency after their Fight with Big Foot’s band at Wounded Knee
2. 10645-1435, Clipping, Newspaper cartoon
3. RG2758.PH000102-000076, A play in the Nebraska-Oklahoma football game of 1942
4. 4600, Rifle, Cartridge, Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik, Vetterli Model 1878/81
5. RG2464.PH0-000007, Lolita, LaVerna, and Edna Riley at Christmas 1928
6. 10645-120, Poster; John Falter; Offset Lithograph; Sledding by Sunset; Saturday Evening Post; December 18, 1948
7. RG2158.PH000010-000019, H. Herpolshiemer Company, Lincoln, Nebraska
8. RG2158.PH000015-000003, Czech Children in Armistice Day Parade
9. RG3882.PH0004-1553, A studio portrait of dancer Betty Beh in her pirate costume
10. RG3882.PH0016-0121, Two women, three men and a team of horses in a field harvesting potatoes
So thank you for visiting our database, which is always growing! Keep your eyes peeled as our team of archivists continue to add photographic records to the nearly 14,000 photos already searchable online.
Happy 2015 and happy searching!