Archives Month 2017
New Government Records storage.
October is American Archives Month! To celebrate the archivists and curators at Nebraska State Historical Society have planned an exciting month-long celebration.
This year’s focus will be Access. From the online Collections Search to informative blogs, NSHS’s curators, volunteers, and staff have worked tirelessly to provide the public with better access to the amazing historical treasures NSHS cares for every day.
If you haven’t explored the new Explore Collections NSHS website, let our curators give you a tour! History.nebraska.gov is bursting at the seams with hundreds of archival resources and finding aids. And who better to explain them than the people who created them?
Each week in October the NSHS Curators of Manuscripts, Photographs, Government Records, Audio Visual, Library, and Museum Collections will share
- What in their collections is available online
- How to use our finding aids and collections tools
- The types of online resources available
- And what you can expect to find online in the future
Check back every Wednesday and Saturday during the month of October and discover the exciting and helpful resources available on history.nebraska.gov.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3: Discover NSHS Manuscript Archives
- Saturday, Oct. 7: Discover Paper Ephemera in the NSHS Museum Collections
- Wednesday, Oct. 11: Discover NSHS Audiovisual Collections
- Saturday, Oct. 14: Discover NSHS Photograph Archives
- Wednesday, Oct. 18: Discover NSHS Government Records
- Saturday, Oct. 21: Celebrating Home Movie Day
- Wednesday, Oct. 25: Discover NSHS Library Special Collections
- Friday, Oct. 27: World Day of Audiovisual Heritage blog
- Tuesday, Oct. 31: Conservation blog from the Ford Conservation Center
Cleaning glass plate negatives from the Legislative Portrait Collection.