Christian Church (Douglas, Neb.) [RG4113.AM]

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG4113.AM:  Christian Church (Douglas, Neb.)

Records:  1890-1971
Douglas, Otoe County, Neb.:  Christian church
Size:  1 reel of microfilm

HISTORICAL NOTE

The First Church of Christ was organized in Douglas, Otoe County, Nebraska, in 1888. For a number of years services were held in the Congregational Church. The first revival meeting was held in the summer of 1890, and for many years these meetings were held about every year in a large tent. In 1897 a building was purchased from the United Brethren Congregation and moved to land owned by the Church of Christ. In October of 1949 the name was changed to Christian Church. In the late 1970s this congregation was dissolved and the parsonage and church building were sold.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection of the records of the Christian Church of Douglas, Nebraska, consists of three volumes on one reel of microfilm. These records date from 1890-1971, and all of the volumes contain both lists of members and minutes of meetings.

DESCRIPTION

Reel 1
Volume

  1. 1890-1906; 1912-1917
  2. 1922-1934; 1947-1948
  3. 1948-1971

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Christian Church in Nebraska
Christian Church (Douglas, Neb.)
Churches of Christ in Nebraska
Douglas (Neb.) -- Churches
Otoe County (Neb.) -- Churches

 

Revised 06-08-2009   TMM

Yearly memberships start at $32

Learn More