NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4109.AM: First United Church of Christ (Leigh, Neb.)
Leigh, Colfax County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 6 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
The First United Church of Christ in Leigh, Nebraska, was organized on August 21, 1887. Meetings were held in Peiper's Hall until a church was built in 1888. The first parsonage was purchased in 1890 and a second one built in 1894. There was an addition to the church building in 1907 and a full basement added in 1929.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
These records of the First United Church of Christ (Leigh, Neb.) are contained in six volumes on one reel of microfilm arranged in two series: 1) Church Registers, 1887-1978 and 2) Church Histories. The registers contain lists of members, officers, communicants, baptisms, marriages, and burials, as well as minutes of meetings. There are also two anniversary booklets (one printed in 1937 and the other in 1962) which contain histories of the church.
Series 1 - Church Registers, 1887-1978
Series 2 - Church Histories
- "Golden Anniversary Souvenir, 1887-1937"
- "Seventy - Fifth Anniversary, October 7, 1962"
Colfax County (Neb.) -- Churches
Congregational Church in Nebraska
First United Church of Christ (Leigh, Neb.)
Leigh (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 09-11-2008 TMM