HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3744.AM: Folsom Family
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska
Size: 0.75 cu.ft.; 2 boxes
Willard Miller Folsom, son of Morris and Anna Folsom, was born in Lincoln, Nebraska in 1894. He graduated from Lincoln High School and received his B.A. and law degrees from the University of Nebraska. Folsom served as a 2nd Lieutenant with the 338th Field Artillery during World War I. he entered the business field following the war and eventually served as President of the Nebraska Central Building and Loan Association, which was founded by Folsom’s father. Willard Folsom married Ruth Whitmore in 1918. They had three sons, Willard W., Lowe R. and Burton W. All three sons served in World War II.
Willard Miller Folsom died on June 11, 1947. Ruth (Whitmore) Folsom died on October 8, 1989 and Lowe Folsom died September 24, 1996. All three are buried in Wyuka Cemetery, Lincoln, Nebraska. Burton Folsom died on July 17, 2012 and is buried in Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery, Temple, Texas. Willard W. Folsom died on February 28, 2002 in Denver, Colorado. His burial location is unknown.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one box of papers relating to the various members of the Folsom family. The bulk of the collection consists of various materials relating to the service of Willard M. during World War I, and to the service of Willard W., Lowe and Burton Folsom during World War II. Most of these materials relate to training courses at the Infantry School, Fort Benning, Georgia. They are organized alphabetically by the course/training information. Also included in the collection are various materials relating to the service of Willard M. during World War I; a few financial books kept by Willard M.; materials relating to the Colonial Dames of America kept by Ruth Folsom; and various programs, certificates and other family ephemera.
Note: See the photo component [RG3744.PH] for related images.
- Willard M. Folsom, World War I materials
- Willard M. Folsom financial records, 1896-1915
- Willard W., Lowe and Burton, World War II materials, A
- Willard W., Lowe and Burton, World War II materials, B-C
- Willard W., Lowe and Burton, World War II materials, D-L
- Willard W., Lowe and Burton, World War II materials, M-R
- Willard W., Lowe and Burton, World War II materials, S
- Willard W., Lowe and Burton, World War II materials, T-Z, misc.
- Ruth Folsom, Colonial Dames of America, 1966
- Family certificates and programs, 1903-1967 (see also oversize)
- Obituary and memorial for Morris W. Folsom, 1923
Student’s manual, “Practice Course in Effective Speaking,” Business Education Bureau, Lincoln, Nebraska, 1930
Colonial Dames of America
Folsom, Burton W., 1925-2012
Folsom, Lowe R., 1922-1996
Folsom, Ruth (Whitmore), 1895-1989
Folsom, Willard M., 1894-1947
Folsom, Willard W., 1920-2002
Solders -- Nebraska
World War, 1914-1918
World War, 1939-1945
Revised TMM 11-14-2018