HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG5696.AM: Iund Family
Papers: 1927-1966, 1989
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska
Size: 0.5 cu.ft.; 1 box & oversize
In 1927 James and Rosaline “Lena” Iund moved to Lincoln, Nebraska from Pryor, Oklahama, with their two children, Ralf and Zara. Both Iund children attended Jackson High School in Lincoln. Ralf graduated in 1935 and Zara graduated in 1939. The Iund family was very involved with music. Zara played the piano and Ralf played the tuba. Ralf joined the Babich’s Boys Band in 1928. Ralf went on to Wesleyan University, and Zara attended the University of Nebraska. Zara took piano instruction from Beth Miller at the Miller and Dean Studio in Lincoln. In 1934 James and Rosaline divorced. In 1939 Ralf move to St. Paul, Minnesota it to work for Nip ‘n Tuck Gaming Company. A year later Lena and Zara joined Ralf in St. Paul. Zara maintained a lifelong friendship and association with Beth Miller. Miller went on to found the Rocky Ridge Music Center near Estes Park, Colorado. Zara Iund served as an administrative officer of the Rocky Ridge Music Center in 1965.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of items donated by the Iund Family, from Lincoln Nebraska. The materials are divided into three series, including, 1) Ralf Iund, 2) Zara Iund and 3) Miscellaneous.
Series 1 contains information about Ralf Iund from 1928 to 1939. It includes church and school information, certificates awarded, and receipts. Also included is a folder on his involvement with the Babich’s Boys Band. Series 2 contains information about Zara Iund from 1927 to 1960. It includes the Iund family history from the time the family moved to Nebraska to 1960, school information and awards, and various music programs and awards. Also included is a folder relating to Beth Miller and the Rocky Ridge Music Center. Series 3 consists of two folders. The first folder contains a booklet of poetry written by James “Jim” R. Iund. The second folder contains information relating to W.A. Fowler and The Typescript Music Company.
Note: See the photo component [RG5696.PH] for related images. See the library for the publication, Beth Miller Harrod: Master teacher, concert pianist and founder of Rocky Ridge [921 H299b].
Series 1 - Ralf Iund
- First Baptist Church, 1928-1934 (see also oversize)
- Babich’s Boys Band, 1932-1934 (see also oversize)
- High School music programs, contests, etc., 1934-1935
- Jackson High School yearbook and commencement announcement, 1935
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, 1935-1939
- Miscellaneous (see also oversize)
Series 2 - Zara Iund
- Iund Family History, 1927-1960
- Elementary school materials, 1927-1933
- Jackson High School programs, awards, etc., 1934-1939
- Jackson High School yearbook (1939) and reunion materials (1989)
- Music recitals and programs, 1938-1940
- University of Nebraska freshman registration cards
- Beth Miller and the Rocky Ridge Music Center, 1940, 1964-1966, n.d.
Series 3 - Miscellaneous
- “Jewels in Rhyme” by James (Jim) R. Iund
- W.A. Fowler and The Typescript Music Company
Fowler, William A.
Harrod, Beth (Miller), 1910-2000
Iund, James R., 1894-1959
Iund, Ralf, 1917-1985
Iund, Zara B., 1921-
Jackson High School (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Nebraska Wesleyan University (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Rocky Ridge Music Center
The Typescript Music Company (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Revised TMM 12-17-2018