HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3633.AM: Laura Belle Hartzell, 1881-1956
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska
Size: 1.25 cu.ft.; 3 boxes
Laura Belle Hartzell, daughter of George C. and Susan (Lewers) Hartzell, was born at Eagle, Nebraska, on January 31, 1881. She lived in Lincoln, Nebraska, for many years and worked at Lincoln High School, as well as at newsstands in the Lindell Hotel and the Stuart Building. Hartzell was a member of Trinity Methodist Church, Daughters of Union Veterans and Daughters of the American Revolution. She was also a member of Rebekah Lodge and the Women’s Relief Corps. Laura Belle Hartzell died on June 5, 1956, and is buried in Wyuka Cemetery in Lincoln, Nebraska.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of three boxes of papers compiled by Laura Belle Hartzell. The bulk of the collection relates to members of the Hartzell and Walter families. Materials date from 1846 to 1940 and include correspondence, diaries and account books, genealogical information, political and advertising cards and miscellaneous other items. The materials relate to the daily lives and activities of the Hartzell and Walter families. The 1931 diary of Elizabeth (Scott) Walter contains information on a trip to Europe.
Note: See the photo component [RG3633.PH] for related images. The Nebraska History Museum holds various artifacts from Laura Belle Hartzell. Items are not on display. Interested researchers must contact the Museum and schedule an appointment.
- George C. Hartzell correspondence, 1865-1897
- Laura Belle Hartzell correspondence, 1909-1940
- Laura Bell Hartzell correspondence re. gas pipeline, 1930-1940
- Hartzell and associated families’ genealogical materials
- Hartzell family miscellany (see also oversize)
- Elizabeth (Scott) Walter diaries, 1912-1915, 1931
- Elizabeth (Scott) Walter diaries, 1936-1937, 1940
- Elizabeth (Scott) Walter - misc. receipts, etc.
- Elizabeth (Scott) Walter - Lincoln Business and Professional Women’s Club
- Jacob L. Walter account book, 1892-1910
- Jacob L. Walter account books, 1911-1915; misc. receipts, etc.
- Walter family correspondence, 1846-1928
- Walter and associated families’ genealogical materials
- Harold Scollay, sketches
- Genealogical materials, misc.
- Political and advertising cards
- Miscellaneous (see also oversize)
Hartzell, Florence E., 1877-1903
Hartzell, George C., 1845-1924
Hartzell, Laura Belle, 1881-1956
Lincoln Business and Professional Women’s Club (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Nebraska Natural Gas Company
Scollay, Harold L., 1883-
Walter, Elizabeth (Scott), 1869-1944
Walter, Jacob L., 1847-1928
Revised TMM 01-08-2019