Lincoln Airplane and Flying School [RG1475.AM]

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG1475.AM:  Lincoln Airplane and Flying School (Lincoln, Nebraska)

Records:  1938-1944; 1977-1979
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska:
Size:  One folder

BACKGROUND NOTE

In the early 1920s, Ed Sias operated the Lincoln Auto and Tractor School at 24th & O Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, in the same building that housed the Lincoln Standard Aircraft Company.  By 1929, Sias had changed the name to Lincoln Auto and Airplane School.  The next year it became known as the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School.  The Lincoln Airplane and Flying School was always separate from the Lincoln Standard Aircraft Company, operated by Ray Page.  The Lincoln Airplane and Flying School closed down sometime after World War II, but by 1950, the Lincoln Aeronautical Institute was in operation.  It lasted into the mid-1980s.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of one folder of materials relating to the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School.  Included are correspondence, newsletters and publications, ephemera, newspaper and magazine articles, and other historical information.  The bulk of the collection dates from 1938 to 1944, with some later research done in the late 1970s.

INVENTORY

Misc. materials relating to the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School

 

Subject headings:

Aeronautics -- Nebraska
Aeronautics -- Study and teaching
Lincoln Aeronautical Institute (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Lincoln Airplane and Flying School (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Sias, Ernest J., 1877-1955

 

Revised TMM      02-14-2020

Become a History Nebraska Member Today

Learn More