NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3224.AM: Lowe Avenue United Presbyterian Church (Omaha, Neb.)
Omaha, Douglas County, Neb.: Presbyterian Church
Size: 7 volumes on 2 reels of microfilm
The Lowe Avenue Presbyterian Church, situated on the Southeast corner of 40th and Nicholas Streets, was organized on July 3, 1887, by a meeting of the people living near West Hamilton Street. Initiative for the meeting had been taken by a committee appointed for the purpose by the Presbytery of Omaha. Originally, the Church was entitled to the West Hamilton Street Presbyterian Church with Rev. W. J. Palm as pastor.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of seven volumes of records of the Lowe Avenue United Presbyterian Church of Omaha, Nebraska on two reels of microfilm. These records relate to the activities of the church dating from 1887-1971. Included are Church minutes as well as a Church register that contains a list of pastors, deacons, trustees, communicants, marriages, deaths, etc. The collection was loaned for microfilming in November of 1971.
- Minutes (session), 1887, July - 1901, June
Church register, 1887, Oct. - 1912, Jan.
- Session Minutes, 1912, May - 1934, Mar.
Church register, 1910, Apr. - 1932, Oct.
- Session minutes, 1955, Oct. 5 - 1966, Dec. 2
- Session minutes, 1967, Jan. - 1970, Dec.
- Minutes of the Deacons and Trustees, 1900, Apr. - 1922, Oct.
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees, 1955, Feb. - 1963, Aug.
- Church Register, 1945, May - 1971, Mar.
Douglas County (Neb.) -- Churches
Lowe Avenue United Presbyterian Church (Omaha, Neb.)
Omaha (Neb.) -- Churches
Presbyterian Church in Nebraska
Revised 09-24-2008 TMM