HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG5406.AM: Michael Johnston Grant, 1961-
Size: 0.35 cu.ft.; 1 box
Michael Johnston Grant has a Ph.D. in History and works for the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of one box of research materials gathered by Michael Johnston Grant for his book, Down and Out on the Family Farm: Rural Rehabilitation in the Great Plains, 1929-1945. The book focuses on farm life, politics and USDA programs during the Great Depression and up through World War II. The collection includes letters and emails sent to the author by people who lived on farms in Nebraska and throughout the Midwest during the 1930s and 1940s. Also included are questionnaires and advertisements.
Note: See the library for a copy of Down and Out on the Family Farm [338.1 G762d].
- Correspondence without questionnaires, 1996, Jan.-June
- Correspondence without questionnaires, 1996, July-Dec.
- Correspondence without questionnaires, 1997
- Correspondence with questionnaires, 1996
- Correspondence with questionnaires, 1997
- Advertisements, e-mail responses, and blank questionnaires
Family farms -- Great Plains
Farms, Small -- Government policy -- Great Plains
Grant, Michael Johnston, 1961-
Rural development -- Great Plains
United States -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945