NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3893.AM: Robert Louis Clark, 1914-1988
Sidney, Cheyenne County, Neb.: State Senator, District 47; Pharmacist
Size: 2.0 cu.ft.
Robert L. Clark was born in Clarinda, Iowa, on July 6, 1914, the son of Talton E. and Beatrice (Collette) Clark. He graduated from Shenandoah, Iowa High School, and then attended Creighton University's College of Pharmacy, 1932-1933. Clark received his Ph.D. from Denver College in 1935. The following year he married Lois Hardy. They had two children.
Clark made his living as a pharmacist in Sidney, Cheyenne County, Nebraska. From 1960-1964, he served on the city council. He was also a member of the Sidney Chamber of Commerce. Clark was elected to the Nebraska Unicameral in November 1968; he was re-elected in 1972 and 1976, representing District 47.
Robert Louis Clark died at Sidney, Nebraska, on December 1, 1988.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of two boxes of manuscript material arranged in four series: 1) Legislative Bills, 1971-1975; 2) Subject Files, 1970-1972; 3) Correspondence, 1971-1972; and 4) Miscellany, 1973-1975.
This collection relates to the legislative career of Robert L. Clark, State Senator from Nebraska's 47th District. Series 1 contains information about Legislative Bills, 1971-1975. These are arranged in numerical order and consist of memos, reports, and letters dealing with each bill. In many cases, copies of the bills with attached notes are also included. Series 2 is an alphabetically-arranged subject file, 1970-1972. Legislative concerns and other political issues are used as subject headings.
The correspondence, 1971-1972, of Series 3 also deals with legislative issues. Letters are filed alphabetically by the last name of the correspondent. Invitations and personal correspondence have separate folders. The miscellany of Series 4 consists of various directories of the Nebraska Legislature.
Series 1 - Legislative Bills, 1971-1975
- Amendment 10, Phase-Out of Personal Property Tax
- LB 55, Engineers and architects
- LB 56, Crimes and Punishments
- LB 57, Flood and Storm Water Control
- LB 58, Aging
- LB 60, Committee on Banking, Commerce, and Insurance
- LB 74, Commodity Check-Off
- LB 82, Cable TV
- LB 114, Egg Bill
- LB 163, State Vocational Schools
- LB 321, Committee on Agriculture and Recreation
- LB 322, Committee on Agriculture and Recreation
- LB 323, Committee on Agriculture and Recreation
- LB 324, Committee on Public Health and Welfare
- LB 350, Pharmacies and Pharmacists
- LB 355, Oil and Gas Conservation
- LB 403, State Aid to Mentally Retarded
- LB 478, Committee on Labor
- LB 635, Schools
- LB 636, Taxation of Interest on Oil
- LB 640, Stepparent Support
- LB 675, Telecommunications Directions
- LB 758, Kansas-Nebraska
- LB 759, Community Colleges
- LB 892, Telecommunication
- LB 1221, Workmen's Compensation
- LB 1357, Committee on Agriculture and Recreation
- Bill Titles and Index, 83rd Legislature, April 1974
- Subject Index to bills passed, 83rd Legislature, April 1974
- Interim Study Resolutions, 83rd Legislature, 1974
- Summary of Legislation, 83rd Legislature, 1974
Series 2 - Subject Files, 1970-1972
- Budget Committee
- Council of State Governments
- "Curtis School"
- Educational Lands and Funds
- "Family Plan"
- Games and Parks
- Gas Commission
- Kansas-Nebraska Natural Gas Co.
- Law Enforcement Assistance Administration
- Jack H. Lowe
- Miscellaneous bills
- Multistate Tax Commission
- Nebraska Public Library Commission
- Nebraska State Irrigation Association
- Orthopedic Hospital
- Personal Property Tax
- Public Employees Retirement Board
- Soil and Water
- Solid Waste Disposal
- Solid Waste Disposal
- Volunteer Fireman's Association
- West Nebraska Vocational Technical School
Series 3 - Correspondence, 1971-1972
Series 4 - Miscellany, 1973-1975
- Nebraska Legislative Ladies League, 1973-1974
- A Look at Your Unicameral, 1974
- Directory of Nebraska's Legislature and Calendar, 1975
Clark, Robert Louis, 1914-1988
Legislation -- Nebraska
Legislative bodies -- Nebraska
Nebraska. Legislature, 1970-1975
Revised TMM 08-02-2007