HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG5349.AM: Ruth (Talbert) Greene Folley, 1906-2005
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska
Size: 0.8 cu.ft., 2 boxes
Born on January 29, 1906, Ruth Talbert graduated from Lincoln High School in Lincoln, Nebraska on January 25, 1924. She married Clifton E. Greene on October 30, 1926, and they had one son, Clifton Jr. The daughter of a Methodist minister, Ruth remained active in the Newman Methodist Church (Lincoln, Nebraska) throughout her adult life. She was also active in the Malone Center in Lincoln. Clifton Greene, Sr. died on June 16, 1946. At some point after Clifton’s death (date unknown), Ruth married John Folley. Ruth Greene Folley died on February 23, 2005, and is buried in Wyuka Cemetery, Lincoln, Nebraska.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of two boxes of papers relating to Ruth Greene Folley and the Greene family. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence. Also included are programs, certificates, report cards and other ephemera. The bulk of the materials date from 1944 to 2003.
Note: See the photo component [RG5349.PH] for various portraits and snapshots of members of the Folley and Greene families.
- Correspondence, Clifton Greene, Jr., 1946, Jan.-June
- Correspondence, Clifton Greene, Jr., 1946, July-Dec.
- Correspondence, Clifton Greene, Jr., 1947, Jan.-May
- Correspondence, Miscellaneous, 1944-1960, 2003, n.d.
- Correspondence, condolences on death of Clifton Greene, Sr., 1946
- Address books (2)
- Grade slips and report cards, Ruth Talbert and Clifton Greene, Jr.
- Programs and certificates, misc.
- Life insurance policies, Clifton Greene, Sr.
- Malone Center materials
- I.B.P.O.E. Lodge materials
- Green stamp booklets
African Americans -- Nebraska
Folley, Ruth (Talbert) Greene, 1906-2005
Greene, Clifton E., 1894-1946
Greene, Clifton E., 1927-1983