NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4084.AM: Salem Baptist Church (Giltner, Neb.)
Giltner, Hamilton County, Neb.: Baptist Church
Size: 1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm
Salem Baptist Church was organized in 1875 in the Giltner Community in southern Hamilton County. Meetings were first held in the Pratt School house and then in the Lyon School house. In 1878 a church building was dedicated. It had been built in Sec. 34, T9 R8W of Hamilton County on land donated for that purpose to the Grand Island Baptist Association by Cleon Gould. In the 1920s the buildings were torn down and the land reverted to Mr. Gould's heirs.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one volume of church minutes of the Salem Baptist Church of Giltner, Nebraska, on one reel of microfilm. The volume contains minutes of the meetings of the congregation and trustees and one list of members. The records date from 1875-1899. This volume was loaned for microfilming in March of 1982.
- Minutes, 1875-1899
Baptist Church in Nebraska
Giltner (Neb.) -- Churches
Hamilton County (Neb.) -- Churches
Salem Baptist Church (Giltner, Neb.)
Revised 10-28-2008 TMM