Southern Nebraska Schoolmen's Club [RG0831.AM]

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG0831.AM:  Southern Nebraska Schoolmen's Club

Manuscript:  1933
Nuckolls, Fillmore, Taylor, and Clay Counties, Nebraska: Educational organization
Size:  One item

BACKGROUND NOTE

The Southern Nebraska Schoolmen's Club was organized in the fall of 1923 as an informal gathering of school superintendents, and principals from Nuckolls, Fillmore, Thayer, and Clay Counties. At first, the group was known as the Western Nebraska School Men's Association. During the second year it was called the Four County Men's Association. In 1925, it adopted the name of the Southern Nebraska Schoolmen's Club, a name it maintained during the 1930s.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of one manuscript item from 1933. The manuscript, titled "A Short History of the Southern Nebraska Schoolmen's Club," was written by Howard W. Hamilton, principal of Geneva High School. The manuscript traces the history of the club and provides membership names, descriptions of activities, and information on topics discussed.

INVENTORY

Manuscript, "A Short History of the Southern Nebraska Schoolmen's Club," 1933

 

Subject headings:

Clay County (Nebraska) -- History
Education -- Nebraska
Fillmore County (Nebraska) -- History
Four County Men's Association
Hamilton, Howard W., 1907-1991
Nuckolls County (Nebraska) -- History
Schools -- Nebraska
Thayer County (Nebraska) -- History
Western Nebraska School Men's Association

 

Revised TMM       12-22-2006

Become a History Nebraska Member Today

Learn More