NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4152.AM: St. Paul Lutheran Church (Deshler, Neb.)
Deshler, Thayer County, Neb.: Lutheran church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
This congregation was organized in 1883 and acquired a building for its services in 1885. Prior to 1886 it shared a pastor with the Zion Lutheran Church of Carleton, Nebraska. Its peak membership occurred during the 1920s to the mid-1930s. Between 1936 and 1945 it was served by pastors of neighboring congregations, joining with the Zion Lutheran Church of Carleton in 1945. The St. Paul Church was disbanded in February of 1957. The congregation used the German language for services until 1944.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of St. Paul Lutheran Church of Deshler, Nebraska, consists of two volumes on one reel of microfilm arranged in one series: 1) Records, 1893-1957. The first volume contains the register of members, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and funerals for the entire period of the church's history. Only one volume of minutes, that for 1906-1948 is available.
These records were filmed by the American Lutheran Church Archives, Dubuque, Iowa, and this copy of the film was received by the Historical Society in July of 1983. The records of this church can be found in the middle of the reel which begins with the records of Hope Lutheran Church of Spalding, Nebraska, and ends with the records of Immanuel Lutheran Church of Cowles, Nebraska. Researchers interested in obtaining a copy of this microfilm should contact the American Lutheran Church Archives in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Record Book, 1893-1957
- Minutes, 1906-1948
Deshler (Neb.) -- Churches
Germans in Nebraska
Lutheran Church in Nebraska
St. Paul Lutheran Church (Deshler, Neb.)
Thayer County (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 10-14-2009 TMM