NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4035.AM: Trinity Episcopal Church (Norfolk, Neb.)
Norfolk, Madison County, Neb.: Episcopal church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
The first service was held on June 13, 1875 in the Congregational Church building. In August of 1881 St. Matthew's Mission, Norfolk was organized, and its name was changed to Trinity Mission in May of 1885. In October of 1886 the church building was moved from a downtown location to the corner of 9th Street and Madison Avenue. In March of 1892 this building was destroyed by a tornado and was replaced by a brick structure. On December 3, 1918 the Mission was organized into a Parish.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of the Trinity Episcopal Church, Norfolk, Nebraska, consists of eleven volumes on one reel of microfilm and is arranged in four series: 1) Registers, 1881-1974; 2) Minutes of the Vestry and Parish, 1896-1980; 3) Records of the Ladies' Guild, 1896-1901; and 4) Historical Notes. Series 1 contains the registers of members, communicants, baptisms, marriages and burials. Series 2 contains the minutes of meetings of the Vestry and of the annual meetings of the parish. Series 3 consists of one volume of the records of the Ladies' Guild including minutes, membership lists and financial records. Series 4 contains two articles on the history of the parish.
Series 1 - Registers, 1881-1974
Series 2 - Minutes of the Vestry and Parish, 1896-1980
- 1910, June-September
Series 3 - Records of the Ladies' Guild, 1896-1901
Series 4 - Historical Notes
- "Trinity Mission, Norfolk 1875," Annual of the Diocese of Nebraska, 1893, pp. 113-115.
- Mrs. E. B. Watson, "History of Trinity Episcopal Church, Norfolk," Forward in Nebraska, November-December 197\42.
Madison County (Neb.) -- Churches
Norfolk (Neb.) -- Churches
Protestant Episcopal Church in Nebraska
St. Matthew's Mission (Norfolk, Neb.)
Trinity Episcopal Church (Norfolk, Neb.)
Trinity Mission (Norfolk, Neb.)