NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG2933.AM: United Church of Christ (Milford, Neb.)
Milford, Seward County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
The United Church of Christ, West Blue Pct., near Milford, Nebraska was organized in 1874 with twelve charter members. The original name of the church was the Evangelische Friedens Gemeinde am West Blue, Nebraska (Peace Evangelical Congregation at West Blue). In 1934, the West Blue Church was renamed the Friedens Evangelical and Reformed Church, and in 1964, was incorporated as the United Church of Christ.
The first church building was constructed in 1875 at a cost of $450. The first pastor was the Rev. Johann P. Welch who served the congregation for 21 years. A new church was built in 1887-1888, at a cost of $2,200, and dedicated on April 22, 1888. Physical improvements have continued throughout the years. The congregation observed its 75th Anniversary on October 16, 1949 and its 90th Anniversary on October, 25 1964.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of records of the United Church of Christ, Milford, Nebraska, consists of one reel of microfilm containing one volume dating from 1874-1970. The records relate to the church activities, 1874-1970 and include baptisms, confirmations, marriages, deaths, and the Church constitution and by-laws.
- Church Record, 1874-1970 (Includes Baptisms, Marriages, Confirmations, Communicants, Deaths, Special Offerings, and Constitution and By-laws)
Germans in Nebraska
Milford (Neb.) -- Churches
Seward County (Neb.) -- Churches
United Church of Christ in Nebraska
United Church of Christ (Milford, Neb.)
Revised 07-27-2009 TMM