Zion United Church of Christ (Falls City, Neb.) [RG3245.AM]

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG3245.AM:  Zion United Church of Christ (Falls City, Neb.)

Records:  1886-1976
Falls City, Richardson County, Neb.:  United Church of Christ
Size:  1 reel of microfilm

HISTORICAL NOTE

The Zion Evangelical Church, near Falls City, Nebraska, was formed in 1886 by a group of German immigrants who had settled in Richardson County after the Civil War. For many years German was the language of worship but it was gradually replaced by English in the early decades of this century. The Congregational Christian churches and the Evangelical and Reformed Church merged in 1961. This congregation joined the new national body, the United Church of Christ, and assumed the title of Zion United Church of Christ.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection of the records of the Zion United Church of Christ of Falls City, Nebraska, consists of one reel of microfilm containing two volumes dating from 1886-1976. Each of the two registers contains lists of pastors, baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, burials, and annals of the congregation. The first volume, covering the years 1886-1926, is in German; the second volume, 1926-1976, is in English.

DESCRIPTION

Reel 1
Volume

  1. 1886-1926
  2. 1926-1976

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Evangelical and Reformed Churches in Nebraska
Falls City (Neb.) -- Churches
Germans in Nebraska
Richardson County (Neb.) -- Churches
United Church of Christ in Nebraska
Zion Evangelical Church (Falls City, Neb.)
Zion United Church of Christ (Falls City, Neb.)

 

Revised 07-01-2009   TMM

Yearly memberships start at $32

Learn More