Join us from August 15-17 as we welcome Fort Riley's Commanding General Mounted Color Guard back to Fort Robinson!
The group will perform demonstrations involving Cavalry skills, shooting skills, and equipment used by the U.S. Army from the 1860s-1880s at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm each day. They will also be available around the grounds and at the Post Museum to answer questions from the public about Army life, what it takes to be a member of the Mounted Color Guard, and their performances.
All activities are free and open to the public, although a park permit will be required for admittance.
Votes For Women: Nebraska's Suffrage Story Exhibit Opening
100 years ago, Nebraska was one of the first states to ratify the 19th Amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote in the United States. However, the struggle for suffrage had been going in Nebraska for 60 years at that point. We're excited to be celebrating that women's suffrage story with our newest exhibit, Votes For Women: Nebraska's Suffrage Story.
Join us for the opening event of this amazing exhibit, featuring historical re-enactments of notable suffragists for a fully immersive look into the suffrage movement of the early 20th century. More event details below ⬇️
• See authentic banners, posters, clothing from this crucial civil rights struggle
• Learn about the women (and men) who worked for decades to win Nebraska’s battle for the ballot
• Experience the passion and power of historic re-enactors depicting suffragists Clara Bewick Colby, Susan B. Anthony and Carrie Nation
• Create your own suffrage slogan in our 1919 parlor
• Take a selfie on the suffrage float
• Uncover the suffragist legacy in today’s political landscape
• Hear prominent Nebraska women reflect on the state’s past and future.
There will also be refreshments, live music, and voter registration!
This event is free and open to all. A Sign Language interpreter will be present during the event for deaf or hard of hearing persons.
This event is supported in part by the Nebraska Arts Council, the Nebraska Cultural Endowment, and Humanities Nebraska.