Nebraskans, Their Dogs, and World War II
Did you know that nearly 5000 dogs were trained in the Dogs for Defense program at Fort Robinson during World War 2? Join us from 1 to 4pm on February 15th as we celebrate and learn about these great dogs!
- Run through an obstacle course like the Fort Robinson dogs
- Rest a while with a real furry friend while listening to a reading of Major: A Soldier Dog
- Search for dog and World War 2-related objects in a museum scavenger hunt
- Make your own miniature dog house modeled after the ones from Fort Robinson
- Watch videos from the Dogs for Defense program