Piecing Together The Past Exhibit Opening
Join us at the Nebraska History Museum on November 22nd for a free event celebrating the opening of Piecing Together The Past: Exploring 13,000 Years of History with Nebraska’s Archeologists, our newest exhibit that explores Nebraska's deep past through the lens of archeological discoveries.
At 5:30 pm, Rob Bozell, Lynne Ireland, and Lance Foster will give a speech welcoming visitors.
In addition to being the first to see the new exhibit, those who join us will be able to:
- See archeological artifacts spanning thousands of years
- Uncover objects in a mock dig pit
- Walk through an imaginary excavation trench
- Experience flint knapping demonstrations with UNL Anthropology Professor, Phil Geib
- Learn about ground penetrating radar used in archeology with Adam Weiwel, Archeologist from the National Park Service's Midwest Archeological Center.
- Meet historic re-enactors from Fort Atkinson
This event is free and open to all. A Sign Language interpreter will be present during the event for deaf or hard of hearing persons.