NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4113.AM: Christian Church (Douglas, Neb.)
Douglas, Otoe County, Neb.: Christian church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
The First Church of Christ was organized in Douglas, Otoe County, Nebraska, in 1888. For a number of years services were held in the Congregational Church. The first revival meeting was held in the summer of 1890, and for many years these meetings were held about every year in a large tent. In 1897 a building was purchased from the United Brethren Congregation and moved to land owned by the Church of Christ. In October of 1949 the name was changed to Christian Church. In the late 1970s this congregation was dissolved and the parsonage and church building were sold.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection of the records of the Christian Church of Douglas, Nebraska, consists of three volumes on one reel of microfilm. These records date from 1890-1971, and all of the volumes contain both lists of members and minutes of meetings.
- 1890-1906; 1912-1917
- 1922-1934; 1947-1948
Christian Church in Nebraska
Christian Church (Douglas, Neb.)
Churches of Christ in Nebraska
Douglas (Neb.) -- Churches
Otoe County (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 06-08-2009 TMM