Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.) [RG4040.AM]

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG4040.AM:  Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)

Records:  1901-1967
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.
Size:  1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm

BACKGROUND NOTE

This church was organized in 1901 by a group of Germans from Russia recently settled in the "North Bottoms" area of Lincoln.  First named the German Evangelical Congregational Salem Church, the congregation erected a building at 9th and Charleston Streets.  The church was affiliated with the German Congregational Church of America and became a member of the United Church of Christ when that body was formed in the early 1960s.  In 1967 the Salem Church merged with nearby St. John's United Church of Christ to form Faith United Church of Christ.  The new church occupies theold Salem Church buildings and the St. John's property was sold.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of one volume of Salem United Church of Christ records on one reel of microfilm.  The records date from 1901-1967 and contain records of membership, baptisms, marriages and burials.  The records were loaned for microfilming by the Faith United Church of Christ.  These records are filmed on the same reel as the records of St. John's United Church of Christ.

DESCRIPTION

Reel 1
Volume 1 - Church records, 1901-1967

 

Subject headings:

Congregational Church in Nebraska
Germans from Russia in Nebraska
Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)

 

APD/jg     06-22-1981

Yearly memberships start at $32

Learn More