History Nebraska is seeking an organized and visitor-focused individual to serve as the Visitor Services Manager at the Nebraska History Museum. As a member of the Museum and Historic Sites team, this position ensures the public has a positive experience when visiting the museum and coordinates special events and activities related to programming at the museum. The Visitor Services Manager will work alongside a dedicated group of museum professionals to make every museum visitor feel like their story is an important part of Nebraska history. This is a temporary opportunity to fill an immediate need; the assignment will last for 6 months.
Work schedule will be Tuesday-Saturday 8:00 – 4:30 with occasional events outside of these hours.
History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution that connects people to the past through our library and research center, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. History Nebraska’s objective is to become the most engaging and relevant state historical society in the nation.
Examples of Work
- Plans, manages and coordinates the daily operations of the museum, including but not limited to: opening and closing procedures, tracking attendance, ordering supplies, restocking the gift shop, ensuring the building is safe and aesthetically pleasing, communicating needs to appropriate staff, and managing calendar of events for various spaces.
- Trains, supervises, and backfills for volunteers and student workers monitoring admissions and gift shop activities.
- Works closely with staff across History Nebraska teams to plan and coordinate event details and handle day-of logistics for events at the Nebraska History Museum.
- Oversees museum admissions, attendance information, process and procedures for museum visitor experience.
Our five core values are:
- We Do It Better Every Time. We are always looking to improve. When we fail, we know why and learn from it.
- We Have Each Other’s Back. We work in groups; we candidly support one another for the betterment of the organization.
- We Own It. If we say we are going to do something, we do our best to get it done.
- We Are Curious. We never stop learning and we encourage curiosity in others.
- We Are Inclusive. We seek multiple perspectives and value the uniqueness of each individual.