History Nebraska is seeking a creative and resulted-oriented procurement professional to manage all aspects of the procurement process for both products and services. The successful candidate will be a quick learner who enjoys helping others while adhering to state procurement standards. Under supervision from our CFO, the procurement manager will serve as the primary contact to staff with procurement needs, then will oversee the process from start to finish.
Salary range for this position is $23.82 - $35.73 per hour. Salary may be commensurate with applicant's education and experience, if approved.
Job location is 1500 R Street, Downtown.
Examples of Work
• Manages purchasing of supplies, materials, equipment, and services.
• Serves as primary contact to internal customers on procurement process and requirements.
• Meets with industry representatives, vendors, service contract representatives, state purchasing and other agency representatives to meet agency’s needs for products and services.
• Writes and approves contracts, including federal contracts.
• Leads agency RFP process and bid award process.
• Researches and evaluates products and services.
• Develops training for internal customers and enforce adherence to processes.
• Interprets state and federal laws, rules, regulations and standards.Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field plus four years related experience, two of which must be in a responsible supervisory capacity. Related work experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED: Experience with State of Nebraska accounting and procurement policies and standards.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities• Knowledge of business practices, accounting systems, and state purchasing policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand, interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, procedures, laws, and other work directives.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to establish priorities and make decisions independently.
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff.
• Highly professional and dependable.
• Strong organization skills and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.