Wausa, Nebraska, originally named Thorson, was established in 1890. Its peak population reached a mere 754 in 1930. These postcards are typical examples of what were known as booster cards. They were used to advertise a town’s amenities to attract new citizens and businesses.
U.S. Mail Wagon, Wausa, Nebraska, about 1900. (RG2118.PH000007-000004)
First Methodist Church and Parsonage, Wausa, Nebraska (RG2118.PH000007-000002)