NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3246.AM: Arborville United Church of Christ (Bradshaw, Neb.)
Bradshaw, York County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
The Arborville Congregational Church was organized in July of 1876 by the Rev. C.S. Harrison who had laid out the village several years earlier. The first church building was erected in 1877, and a new structure was dedicated in 1910. When the promised railroad did not come to Arborville, the people moved out, and the church is virtually all that remains of the village. In 1961 Arborville joined other Congregational churches in a merger with the Evangelical and Reformed Church and took the name of the United Church of Christ.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The records of the Arborville United Church of Christ near Bradshaw, Nebraska, are contained in nine volumes arranged in three series: 1) Registers, 1876-1974; 2) Financial Records, 1887-1972; and 3) Scrapbook, 1903-1976. The Registers contain the Constitution and By-Laws of the congregation, lists of pastors, officers, members, baptisms, and marriages, and minutes of meetings. The financial records include treasurers’ reports as well as accounts of income and expenses. The scrapbook contains photographs, clippings, and programs.
The church loaned these records for microfilming in September of 1976.
Series 1 – Registers, 1876-1974
Series 2 – Financial Records, 1887-1972
- Treasurers’ Reports, 1887-1914
- Account Book, 1888-1902
- Account Book and Treasurers’ Reports, 1922-1962
- Account Book, 1962-1972
Series 3 – Scrapbook, 1903-1976
Arborville Congregational Church (Bradshaw, Neb.)
Arborville United Church of Christ (Bradshaw, Neb.)
Bradshaw (Neb.) — Churches
Congregational Church in Nebraska
United Church of Christ in Nebraska
York County (Neb.) — Churches
Revised 10-28-2009 TMM