American Legion Auxiliary (Niobrara, Nebraska) [RG3418.AM]

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG3418.AM:  American Legion Auxiliary (Niobrara, Nebraska)

Papers:  1944-1946
Niobrara, Knox County, Nebraska:  Patriotic Service Organization
Size:  1 folder

BACKGROUND NOTE

Founded in 1919, the American Legion Auxiliary is the world’s largest women’s patriotic service organization.  An auxiliary to the American Legion organization of war veterans, less than a year after its inception, the American Legion Auxiliary had 1342 local units in over forty-five states.  The auxiliaries’ role is to support the family and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of veterans and the military and their families

American Legion Post #224, the Frank Greiner Post, was organized in Niobrara in the late 1920s.  The American Legion Auxiliary of Niobrara was likely established at that time or shortly after.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of material relating to the efforts of the American Legion Auxiliary in Niobrara, Nebraska, to provide holiday gifts to military service personnel.  Several thank-you notes are included, as are informational sheets on a program titled, “Give Gifts to Yanks Who Gave,” and an instruction flier from the Nebraska Department of the American Legion Auxiliary to unit officers.

DESCRIPTION

Letters, notes, and informational sheets

 

Subject headings:

American Legion Auxiliary (Niobrara, Nebraska)
Patriotic organizations -- Nebraska
Women's organizations -- Nebraska
World War, 1939-1945 -- Nebraska

 

AIF         11-08-2018

Become a History Nebraska Member Today

Learn More