Help us document Nebraska’s cemeteries!
Nebraska Revised Statute 12-1401 requires the Nebraska State Historical Society to maintain a statewide cemetery registry. This statute asks persons or entities that own or maintain cemeteries to
- report the site to the state registry
- update the report every ten years
The law asks for information for any cemetery, Native American burial ground, mausoleum, or columbarium.
To register a site in the Nebraska Statewide Cemetery Registry,
- print and complete the registration form and
- send by mail, fax or scan and send e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska Cemetery Registry Map
The map below represents only a portion of the cemeteries in Nebraska. Accurate and up to date information depends upon contributions of time and effort from the general public. Please submit information on the registration form above.
Using this map:
- To zoom in, double click the map with your mouse’s pointer or click on the “+” button located in the upper left corner of the map. To zoom out, click on the “-“ button in the upper left corner of the map.
- To scroll left, right, up or down on the map, click and hold the left mouse button on the map, then drag the map until your desired location is showing.
- White/blue dots represent locations of “registered” cemeteries as of 2010.
- Red/orange dots represent locations of “unregistered” cemeteries.
- To see additional information about a cemetery, including cemetery name, registry date, coordinates and establishment dates, left click on the cemetery’s location dot.