NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3151.AM: United Church of Christ (Harbine, Neb.)
Harbine, Jefferson County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 2 volumes, etc. on 1 reel of microfilm
The United Church of Christ at Harbine, Jefferson County, Nebraska, was organized as the German Reformed Hope Congregation on January 14, 1883 and a constitution was adopted the following year. In 1884 construction of a church building was begun, and the structure was dedicated in 1885. In 1911 a new building was constructed and physical improvements continued throughout the years. In August of 1958 the Congregation observed the Church's 75th Anniversary.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of two volumes of records and the articles of incorporation of the United Church of Christ of Harbine, Nebraska on one reel of microfilm. These records relate to the activities and membership of the church, 1885-1970. The first volume of records is largely written in the German Language. Also included within the collection is the original copy of the church's articles of incorporation, September 19, 1885.
This collection was loaned for microfilming in January of 1971.
- Church Register, 1885-1955 (primarily in German Language) - includes charter, constitutions, registers of Pastors, officers, members, deaths, communicants, special offerings, and church history
- Church Records, 1943-1970 - includes constitution, 1944; confirmations, church history, register of baptisms, marriages, communions, and deaths
Articles of Incorporation, 1885
Harbine (Neb.) -- Churches
Jefferson County (Neb.) -- Churches
United Church of Christ (Harbine, Neb.)
Revised 12-06-2008 TMM