October 2nd marks 99 years since the opening of the Arcadia Township Library in Valley County. The library was designed by the Lincoln firm of Fiske and Meginnis. It was built with funding provided by the Carnegie Corporation. Additional funds donated by members of the Arcadia community and raised by the Arcadia Ladies Up-to-Date Club were used to purchase the building site and to furnish the library. The cornerstone for the building was laid on March 24, 1917. This dedication program comes from the NSHS County Files collection.
Arcadia Township Library program, 1917 (NSHS County files)
The program includes a brief history about the building project as well as rules for patrons of the library.
Arcadia Township Library program, p. 2 (NSHS County files)
Arcadia Township Library program, p. 3 (NSHS County files)
Arcadia Township Library program, p. 4 (NSHS County files)
To see what the Arcadia Township Library looks like today, check out their Facebook page!