First Presbyterian Church (Kenesaw, Neb.) [RG3103.AM]

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID

RG3103.AM:  First Presbyterian Church (Kenesaw, Neb.)

Records:  1879-1998
Kenesaw, Adams County, Neb.:  Presbyterian church
Size:  2 reels of microfilm containing 5 volumes

BACKGROUND NOTE

The Presbyterian Church of Kenesaw, Nebraska was organized January 16, 1879 by the Rev. George L. Little, Synodical Missionary, with 11 charter members. The congregation worshipped in the Kenesaw school house until the present church was erected in the summer of 1883. The parsonage was built about 1906. The church was later renamed the First Presbyterian Church.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection contains records of the First Presbyterian Church (formerly the United Presbyterian Church) of Kenesaw, Nebraska. The records are arranged in two series: 1) Minutes of Sessions and Church register, 1879-1998; and 2) Minutes of Congregational meetings, 1917-1946. Also included are lists of Pastors, Elders, Deacons, Communicants, baptisms, marriages and deaths (incomplete).

The original records were loaned for microfilming in August of 1972, and are not in the collections of the Nebraska State Historical Society. Additional records were added in 2000. Only microfilm copies are available. Reel 2 may not be interlibrary loaned.

DESCRIPTION

Series 1 - Minutes of Sessions and Church register, 1879-1998

Reel 1
Volume

  1. 1879-1945
  2. 1946-1968

Reel 2
Volume

  1. 1968-1994  [listed as Book #1 on the microfilm]
  2. 1994-1998  [listed as Book #2 on the microfilm]

Series 2 - Minutes of Congregational Meetings, 1917-1946

Reel 1
Volume

  1. 1917-1946

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Adams County (Neb.) -- Churches
Churches -- Nebraska -- Kenesaw
First Presbyterian Church (Kenesaw, Neb.)
Presbyterian Church in Nebraska

 

Revised 08-09-2008   TMM

Yearly memberships start at $32

Learn More