HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG1630.AM: Miller & Paine (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Advertising ephemera: 1915-1990
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska: Department store
Size: 1.25 cu.ft.
Founded in 1880 by J.E. Miller and Bartlett Paine, Miller & Paine department store operated in Lincoln, Nebraska for over one hundred years. The main store operated at 13 & O Streets in downtown Lincoln with a second store opened in 1960 in the Gateway Mall. Miller & Paine established a third store in Grand Island, Nebraska, in 1974. In 1988 Miller & Paine sold their department stores to Dillards.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of one box of ephemera relating to Miller & Paine. Advertising ephemera includes laminated newspaper advertisements, ca. 1915-1965, and a newspaper column series relating to Nebraska history, ca. 1980. Also included are catalogs, artwork and clippings relating to the redevelopment of downtown Lincoln.
Note: See the photo component [RG1630.PH] for related images. See the audio component [RG1630.AU] for various radio advertisements for Miller & Paine. See the moving image component [RG1630.MI] for television advertisements. See the library for various books published by Miller & Paine.
- Advertising ephemera (see also oversize)
- Newspaper clippings regarding downtown redevelopment
- Newspaper column series relating to Nebraska history (see oversize)
Department stores -- Nebraska
Lincoln (Nebraska) -- Businesses
Miller & Paine (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Stores, retail -- Nebraska