HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG0815.AM: Congregational Church (Brownville, Nebraska)
Brownville, Nemaha County, Nebraska:
Size: Three items
The Congregational Church at Brownville, Nebraska, was organized on June 23, 1858, with Rev. Thomas W. Tipton as pastor. As an organized body, the congregation ceased in 1860, with most of its members joining the Presbyterian Church. The church building was purchased by the Methodists. The building also served as the high school and briefly was Brownville College.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of three items relating to the Congregational Church at Brownville, Nebraska. The first item is a handwritten minute book dating from 1858 containing minutes, creed, covenant and constitution of the church. The other two items are printed/published copies of the Creed, Constitution and Rules of the Church (excerpted from the original minute book).
Brownville (Nebraska) — History
Churches — Nebraska — Nemaha County
Congregational Church (Brownville, Nebraska)
Tipton, Thomas Weston, 1817-1899