HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG1551.AM: St. John’s Catholic Church (Hubbard, Nebraska)
Hubbard, Dakota County, Nebraska
Size: Two volumes on one reel of microfilm
On February 1, 1878, land owned by Thomas W. Farley was conveyed to Rev. James O’Conner so that a Catholic Church could be erected. A second church site was established in 1887. The church was dedicated to St. John the Evangelist. It was served by Jackson priests until 1907 when it became an independent parish with resident pastors. Its first resident priest was Father John Lawless.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one microfilm reel containing two church registers dated 1886-1978. Volume one is a register of Baptisms, 1886-1959. An alphabetical index appears in the front of the volume. Volume two is a record of Deaths, 1888-1978, which provides information about the individual’s burial location, death date, cause of death, and age. Because the microfilm is in negative form, many of the pages are difficult to read.
- Baptisms, 1886-1959
- Deaths, 1888-1978
Catholic Church — Nebraska
Dakota County (Nebraska) — Churches
Hubbard (Nebraska) — Churches
St. John’s Catholic Church (Hubbard, Nebraska)
Revised TMM 03-12-2007
Accession Number: 1992.170