Who We Are
History Nebraska’s mission is to collect, preserve, and open our shared history to all Nebraskans. The Digital Curation team aims to open Nebraska’s history beyond our state’s borders through digital preservation, digitization, and born-digital collecting work.
Our team strives to create high-quality digital copies of analog collection material, provide accurate metadata, curate born-digital collections, develop long-term digital preservation, and provide access to digital content to all audiences.
What We Do
- Digitize analog archival collections based on standards for long term preservation and access
- Create meaningful, accurate, and complete metadata records for all digital surrogates
- Provide access to digital surrogates with appropriate reproduction and use fees
Prioritize collections selected for digitization by the curatorial staff
- Create and maintain policies, procedures and workflows related to digitization, digital preservation and born digital collecting for History Nebraska
- Appraise, processing and the make accessible born digital collections
- Provide internal and external educational experiences related to digital curation work
- Maintain digital preservation content management system (Preservica as of 2020)
If you are looking for reference copies or research services, please contact our Research and Reference team at [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to learn more about the Digital Curation team? Click here to view the FAQ.